Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Man

Can't remember dates or certain times,
and months fade into years,
I don't remember the season you first held me,
but I know you calmed my fears.
Don't know the hour of our first kiss,
nor the exact day you stole my heart,
But I know the feeling that I felt
When time came for us to part.

Chorus:
You gave your heart, you made a vow
to me, and you took a stand,
unwaivered by each circumstance,
that one day you'd be my man.

I saw you stand across the room
although time had passed in years:
yet the memories all came flooding back
I tried hard to fight the tears.
Such calm assurance you portrayed
when at last we did embrace,
I could not erase the joy I felt,
yet you left without a trace.

Chorus:
Still you gave your heart, you made a vow
to me, and you took a stand,
unwaivered by each circumstance,
that one day you'd be my man.

Was it fate or God Himself
that caused our paths to cross?
When our eyes locked across the room,
It seemed no time was loss.
Each day now we share our love
In ways I never dreamed I'd know
Your love grows inside of me
I so love you, does it show?

Chorus:
So I give my heart, I make a vow
to you, and I take a stand,
I trust you, not each circumstance
'Cause I know you are my man.

I didn't understand the plan
But I know you are my man.

No comments: