Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Can

If not one gift was exchanged this Christmas, could you still praise Me?
If you couldn't leave your house except to go for a 3 block ride to the grocery store, or a walk around your neighborhood, could you still praise Me?
If no work was in sight inspite of all your efforts and applications, could you still praise Me?
If not a bit of income has come your way in almost 3 months, could you still praise Me?
If you had to cash in and live off of all your change you had saved in a few little jars could you still praise Me?
If you feel you are eating the same boring, high carb foods day in and day out could you still praise Me?
If you go to the grocery store with 3 items on your list, and have to walk past the beautiful huge salad bar and all the lovely fresh produce you so long for but can't afford, could you still praise Me?
If you lie in bed each morning and night crying out to God, literally for hours, while holding the hand of your spouse, asking God why it feels He has abandoned you, could you still praise Me?
If your bills are piling higher than you can imagine with no means in sight to pay them, could you still praise Me?
If you had to watch the same movies you have in your own collection over and over again because you can't rent any, don't have satellite, can't afford Netflix or afford to go to the theater, could you still praise Me?
If you moved from a large home on 15 acres surrounded by flowers and veggie gardens to a small 800 sq ft duplex with a tiny backyard and not a flower planted in sight, could you still praise Me?
If you had to drink clorinated city water, instead of only the distilled water you've drank for years, could you still praise Me? (BTW, distilled is still best that fillered or purified water which has insoluable minerals added that your kidneys can't filter)
These questions were asked of me from God. And I responded through tears of feeling sorry for myself AND through tears of Joy, " YES, LORD, I sure can!!"
I can praise you because I have family to be with on Christmas.
I can praise you because I can walk on my own two feet instead of being bedridden.

I can praise you when no work is in sight, knowing you see my needs and I can spend more time singing new songs you give me and study your Word more.
I can praise you because I have a little change to buy our basic needs.
I can praise you because I do have food to eat, even though it is not choice food.
I can praise you because I live in a country where the grocery stores are plentiful and I can enjoy the vision of such beautiful produce and a grand salad bar.
I can praise you because even though I cry out to you in distress, You promise to hear me when I cry and to never leave me or forsake me.
I so praise You for Your Word.I can praise you because even though my bills are ever before me, in just a moment you can create a way through them and provide for our every need.
I can praise you because I do still have electricity so I can watch my own selection of movies on my big, awkward, outdated television.
I can praise you because I have a roof over my head and heat to stay warm, and a variety of flower pots to plant a small host of things come spring.
I can praise you for having to drink clorine in my water which is so harmful to me, but you said I could pick up any deadly thing and it would not harm me.
I trust in You to protect me. When more than 1/2 the world doesn't have fit water to drink, I can turn on a faucet and drink freely.
I praise You, oh God, because I am so blessed and mostly because You love me so much and delight in me. In times like these, and there's been many, I cling to You and You ALWAYS put a new song in my heart and on my lips!!(I guess I'm not the only one to feel this way.:) Read Habakkuk 3:17-19

No comments: